EnergyOnline
Services

RSS FEED

EnergyOnline.com rss

News

Offshore Wind Projects Receive Boost from Massachusetts and Biden Administration

LCG, March 31, 2021--The Governor of Massachusetts signed legislation last Friday that authorizes the state to direct utilities to purchase an additional 2,400 MW of offshore wind energy by 2027.

Read more

NV Energy's Greenlink Nevada Transmission Project Approved by PUCN

LCG, March 25, 2021--The Public Utilities Commission of Nevada (PUCN) on Monday approved proceeding with NV Energy's Greenlink Nevada transmission and renewable energy initiative. NV Energy's planned investment in Greenlink is over $2.5 billion.

Read more

Industry News

CMS On-line With Two Units at Abu Dhabi Desalter

LCG, Aug. 1, 2000--CMS Generation Co., a unit of CMS Energy Corp. of Dearborn, Mich., said yesterday it has begun commercial operation of two gas-fired units totaling 370 megawatts at the Al Taweelah A2 power and desalination facility, currently under construction in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.

Located on the coast of the Arabian Gulf approximately 65 kilometers northeast of Abu Dhabi city, the project, when completed, will consist of a 710 megawatt, natural gas-fueled combined-cycle powerplant and water desalination facility capable of producing 50 million imperial gallons of water per day.

Power and water from Al Taweelah A2 will be sold to the Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Corp. under a 20 year power and water purchase agreement. CMS is managing engineering, procurement, construction and operation of the plant under a 20 year agreement.

CMS owns 40 percent of the project and the Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority owns the remaining 60 percent.

Copyright © 2021 LCG Consulting. All rights reserved. Terms and Copyright
UPLAN-NPM
The Locational Marginal Price Model (LMP) Network Power Model
UPLAN-ACE
Day Ahead and Real Time Market Simulation
PowerMax
Day-ahead and real-time portfolio revenue optimization
Generator X
Generation and Transmission Planning and Optimization
UPLAN-G
The Gas Procurement and Competitive Analysis System
PLATO
Database of Plants, Loads, Assets, Transmission...
MarketVision
Daily LMP Forecast for ERCOT
MarketWatch
Annual summary of prices, congestion and important events in ERCOT
CAISO CRR Auctions
Monthly Price and Congestion Forecasting Service