EnergyOnline
Services

RSS FEED

EnergyOnline.com rss

News

U.S. Department of Energy Announces First Awards under Advanced Reactor Demonstration Program

LCG, October 16, 2020--The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) this week announced it has selected two U.S.-based teams to receive $160 million in initial funding under the new Advanced Reactor Demonstration Program (ARDP).

Read more

PSEG Files Application to Extend Zero Emission Certificates (ZECs) for New Jersey's Carbon-Free Nuclear Power Facilities

LCG, October 2, 2020--PSEG yesterday filed applications to extend Zero Emission Certificates (ZECs) for the Salem and Hope Creek nuclear power plants in Salem County in order to preserve New Jersey's largest carbon-free source of electricity and to help New Jersey achieve its clean energy goal of 100 percent carbon-free energy supply by 2050.

Read more

Industry News

Triumvirate to Build 633 Megawatt Houston Plant

LCG, Nov. 7, 2000--A partnership between a U.S. energy company and a German independent power producer announced yesterday that it had formed a joint venture with another U.S. firm to build, operate and manage a 633 megawatt natural gas-fired merchant power plant 30 miles southwest of Houston, Texas.

Avista Corp. and Steag AG of Germany were joined by NRG Energy Inc. in the Brazos Valley project. Avista-Steag will own 51 percent of the plant and NRG the remaining 49 percent. Financial data were not disclosed.

Eberhard Schmidt, speaking for Avista-Steag, said "The Brazos Valley project represents an important step toward increasing the efficiency of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas generation fleet, 63 percent of which is between 21 and 40 years of age."

Schmidt added "One estimate puts total ERCOT generation shortfall at over 10,000 megawatts in the year 2005 at a 15 percent reserve margin. This project will help reverse that trend."

Construction of the Brazos Valley plant is scheduled to begin early next year with commercial operation expected in January 2003.

Copyright © 2020 LCG Consulting. All rights reserved. Terms and Copyright
Generator X
Generation and Transmission Planning and Optimization
UPLAN-NPM
The Locational Marginal Price Model (LMP) Network Power Model
UPLAN-ACE
Day Ahead and Real Time Market Simulation
PowerMax
Day-ahead and real-time portfolio revenue optimization
UPLAN-G
The Gas Procurement and Competitive Analysis System
PLATO
Database of Plants, Loads, Assets, Transmission...
MarketVision
Daily LMP Forecast for ERCOT
MarketWatch
Annual summary of prices, congestion and important events in ERCOT
CAISO CRR Auctions
Monthly Price and Congestion Forecasting Service