EnergyOnline
Services

RSS FEED

EnergyOnline.com rss

News

Offshore Wind Projects Receive Boost from Massachusetts and Biden Administration

LCG, March 31, 2021--The Governor of Massachusetts signed legislation last Friday that authorizes the state to direct utilities to purchase an additional 2,400 MW of offshore wind energy by 2027.

Read more

NV Energy's Greenlink Nevada Transmission Project Approved by PUCN

LCG, March 25, 2021--The Public Utilities Commission of Nevada (PUCN) on Monday approved proceeding with NV Energy's Greenlink Nevada transmission and renewable energy initiative. NV Energy's planned investment in Greenlink is over $2.5 billion.

Read more

Industry News

New Hampshire Electric Rates Hinge on PSNH Bonds

LCG, March 22, 2001If Public Service Co. of New Hampshire is unable to market between $500 million and $550 million in securitized debt by the end of this month, its electric rates will automatically increased by 5 percent on April 1.

The bond issue is one of three securitized debt issues PSNH and other Northeast Utilities subsidiaries plan to issue over the next month and a half, raising a total of around $2.1 billion. As of Tuesday, PSNH said credit ratings on its issue would not be available in time for a sale this month.

Gary Long, president of PSNH, told the New Hampshire legislature that its bond issue would probably be delayed until mid-April. He pointed out that this would allow a 10 percent rate decrease on May 1, adding that if the 5 percent increase took effect on April 1 the total reduction on May 1 would be 15 percent.

Copyright © 2021 LCG Consulting. All rights reserved. Terms and Copyright
UPLAN-NPM
The Locational Marginal Price Model (LMP) Network Power Model
UPLAN-ACE
Day Ahead and Real Time Market Simulation
PowerMax
Day-ahead and real-time portfolio revenue optimization
Generator X
Generation and Transmission Planning and Optimization
UPLAN-G
The Gas Procurement and Competitive Analysis System
PLATO
Database of Plants, Loads, Assets, Transmission...
MarketVision
Daily LMP Forecast for ERCOT
MarketWatch
Annual summary of prices, congestion and important events in ERCOT
CAISO CRR Auctions
Monthly Price and Congestion Forecasting Service