Offshore Wind Projects Receive Boost from Massachusetts and Biden Administration

LCG, March 31, 2021--The Governor of Massachusetts signed legislation last Friday that authorizes the state to direct utilities to purchase an additional 2,400 MW of offshore wind energy by 2027.

Read more

NV Energy's Greenlink Nevada Transmission Project Approved by PUCN

LCG, March 25, 2021--The Public Utilities Commission of Nevada (PUCN) on Monday approved proceeding with NV Energy's Greenlink Nevada transmission and renewable energy initiative. NV Energy's planned investment in Greenlink is over $2.5 billion.

Read more

Industry News

New Hampshire Electric Rates to Drop 10 Percent

LCG, March 29, 2001Customers of Public Service Co. of New Hampshire will see a 10 percent reduction on their electric bills when the state's electric deregulation plan finally begins on May 1, the company said yesterday.

PSNH, with 430,000 customers, is the largest utility in New Hampshire. The May 1 starting date for deregulation was arrived at after major credit rating agencies said the utility would be able to market the stranded cost bonds necessary for the rate cut.

The 10 percent rate cut is on top of a 5 percent reduction that took effect last fall, giving consumers an overall cut of 15 percent..

As part of the deregulation plan, PSNH customer will, beginning May 1, have the option of choosing an alternative supplier of electricity. The utility will continue to deliver the power and bill for it. Residential and small business customers will have a transition period of two years and nine months to switch suppliers. Those who don't switch will be provided with standard offer service and prices.

PSNH will no longer own generating assets, including its interest in the Seabrook nuclear plant, but Gary Long, president and chief operating officer, does not see the supply problems that led to the collapse of California's deregulation scheme.

"Looking forward, our region has a good supply of power, and more plants are under construction. We also have a healthy diversity of power facilities using various fuels," Long said. "As the competitive market develops, I am confident we will avoid the sort of supply crisis which is affecting California."

Copyright © 2021 LCG Consulting. All rights reserved. Terms and Copyright
The Locational Marginal Price Model (LMP) Network Power Model
Day Ahead and Real Time Market Simulation
Day-ahead and real-time portfolio revenue optimization
Generator X
Generation and Transmission Planning and Optimization
The Gas Procurement and Competitive Analysis System
Database of Plants, Loads, Assets, Transmission...
Daily LMP Forecast for ERCOT
Annual summary of prices, congestion and important events in ERCOT
CAISO CRR Auctions
Monthly Price and Congestion Forecasting Service